Wednesday, November 10, 2010





We've had a whirlwind week! It all started last Wednesday morning with Anna waking up with the flu. I stayed home to take care of her, and the poor sister was so sick that she pretty much camped out on the couch all day long. Her entire day consisted of TV, sprite, and a bucket...enough said. She was much improved after 24 hours and I returned to work on Thursday, only to stay home on Friday with a case of the flu myself. So then it was Matt's turn to stay home and take care of us, thank goodness for that! Elsie woke up from her nap on Friday afternoon and Matt found that she had gotten sick as well. She did a fantastic job of spreading it over every surface in her crib before he got in there though...so thoughtful of her, right? Needless to say, all of our weekend plans were canned at that point. There was one thing I was really looking forward to though and that was the opportunity to see my Grandma Shirley who was in town for a wedding. By Sunday afternoon Anna and I were feeling well enough that we made a trip downtown Chicago to visit her where she was staying, at a friend's condo. Anna loved the train ride, the taxi ride and the time we spent visiting with Great Grandma Shirley 66 floors up! She was so well behaved despite missing her nap on top of the time change, and I was so proud of her. We are all feeling better at this point, and I am not sure how Matt was able to avoid catching the bug. I am just thankful he was there to take care of us!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

So happy you were able to see your Grandmother after all :)...the picture is adorable!!!